I’ve been craving chicken and pesto lately, so we had some for supper tonight!
This is so easy to make, and it’s toddler approved! My two-year-old son ate it up, saying “mmmm” every few minutes.
Easy Chicken Pesto Pasta
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 cups of pasta (we’d normally use penne or fettuccine, but we had rigatoni on hand tonight)
- 1 cup of grated mozarella
- 4 tablespoons of cream
- 4 tablespoons of pesto (homemade or store-bought)
- dash of red pepper flakes
- Cook chicken. I did mine in a frying pan with a little bit of oil. I added a bit of pepper. Cook and drain your pasta.
- Stir in cream, cheese, pesto, and pepper flakes into your pasta. Add your chicken, and serve immediately.
This sauce recipe is great with seafood. I love it with scallops and shrimp. It’s also great over my pumpkin cannelloni. If you want it more like a sauce, rather than what I’ve got here, omit the cheese, and add more cream, more like 1/2cup to 1cup. You’d want to cook the sauce in a separate sauce pan for that.
And no… that’s not red wine. It’s my pregnancy substitute, grape juice.