My son has been asking me to make him a necklace lately, so today I though that I’d tackle that project. I’ve also been itching to make my first cane out of polymer clay.
We started out by picking out three colours of clay. David picked his three favourites:
I then broke off about 1/4 of each block, and then conditioned it slightly.
I then smushed the pieces together.
Then I started rolling the clay into a long snake, and then twisting and rolling again until I was satisfied with the marbling effect.
Using a blade from an exactly knife, I started sawing off small sections of the log I had made.
I rolled the sections into spheres, and then used a toothpick to make the hole. Then I baked the clay on parchment paper at 275 for about 15 minutes. We broke out the hemp, and started stringing the beads.
He was very pleased with the end result!
I want to apologize for not posting much recently. We had someone new join our family six weeks ago, and he’s been taking up quite a bit of our time. Here’s Jack!
Also, this is the first post that I’ve made using my iPad. I’ll let you know how I feel about this app in a future post…