Yeah, it’s a bit of a mouthful, but a very tasty one!
I had some very ripe bananas, and I wanted to try banana oatmeal muffins. The chocolate chips were just for fun.
Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins – recipe makes 18 (It made 17 for me, but I could have made it for 18)
- 1 egg
- 3/4c + 2T milk
- 1/3c vegetable oil
- 1t vanilla
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2c flour
- 1c instant oats
- 1/2c white sugar (I didn’t use a whole 1/2c… I probably put in 3/8c)
- 2t baking powder
- 1t baking soda
- 1/2t salt
- 1/2 – 1c chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F. Beat an egg with a fork, and then add the rest of the wet ingredients. Mix in the bananas.
2. Add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined (you want the mixture to fall off a spoon in clumps, not pour off), and then add the chocolate chips.
3. Put 18 cupcake liners into muffin tins. Using an ice cream scoop, divide evenly among the cups. Bake for 15-18 minutes. The muffins are ready when they are brown on the top, and they spring back quickly after being pushed in on the top.
These were some of the most moist muffins I have made in a long time. The oatmeal isn’t overpowering at all. In fact, I hardly noticed it was there at all. Enjoy!